In 2010 The Friends purchased a vital piece of radiology equipment called a SAN (Storage Area Network). This technology allows clinical staff to view CT & MRI scans and X-ray images on their computer screens in a much quicker manner than the old disc system allowed. Whilst this technology allows much faster access to radiology images, it was made necessary by the introduction of the new 64 Slice CT scanner that year. The new CT generates so many detailed images that the old system would have been incapable of coping with the volume of data and without the Friends support for this new technology, treatment of patients would be significantly slower. This was one of the many advances that have allowed Letterkenny General Hospital to develop state of the art diagnostic imaging for the people of the North West.
- Caroline McDaid and family donate to the Friends of LUH
- Letterkenny & District Flower club support the Friends of LUH
- Doherty family from Carndonagh donate to the Friends of LUH
- Friends of LUH to benefit from tribute night for the late Ted Ponsonby
- Roy Mooney and family make substantial donation to the Friends