The Friends have been responsible for fundraising for two Oncology Buses. The original Oncology Bus was purchased in 2001 to transport patients to cancer treatment hospitals in Dublin such as St.Lukes in Rathgar and the second bus was purchased in 2005. The Oncology Bus is specially adapted and had been fitted with upgraded seats and tables and also has a toilet on board. These adaptations help to make the journey to and from Dublin more comfortable for patients from all over the North West who require much this needed cancer treatment in Dublin.
- Caroline McDaid and family donate to the Friends of LUH
- Letterkenny & District Flower club support the Friends of LUH
- Doherty family from Carndonagh donate to the Friends of LUH
- Friends of LUH to benefit from tribute night for the late Ted Ponsonby
- Roy Mooney and family make substantial donation to the Friends