In November 2017, Letterkenny University Hospital commenced substantial refurbishment of the Radiology Department which will include renovation of the area damaged by the flooding incident and the construction of an Interventional Unit that will be utilised by Radiologists, Cardiologists and Gastroenterologists to carry our both diagnostic and interventional procedures on patients that otherwise may have to travel to external hospitals to get this service. While this work is going on, the current CT & MRI scanners will have to be decommissioned due to the vibration, noise and dust. An interim CT service will be provided in another area of the hospital and the ‘Friends of LUH’ have kindly agreed to fund the purchase a second CT scanner for the hospital. When all the works are complete, Letterkenny University Hospital will be the only hospital of its size in the country that will have two operational CT scanners.
- Kevin Dundon’s cookery demonstration in the Clanree Hotel, Letterkenny in aid of the Friends of LUH & Conwal Parish Church
- Kelly’s Toyota, Letterkenny to sponsor Kevin Dundon cooking demonstration in Clanree Hotel, 12th September
- Presentation of cheque by Creeslough Day Centre to Friends of LUH – July 2018
- BizzPrint sponsors Friends Bus to Dublin
- Presentation of sponsorship cheque by Crumlish Appliances